Pregnancy Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, November 30, 2012

31 Weeks and Colds

I am still excited that the end is near to this pregnancy. I don't seem to be enjoying it like I had wished. With all these aches and pains and feeling like I can barely walk just make it that much harder. Mid week the kids and I developed a pretty nasty cold. It was so bad, that I had to keep my little guy home from school. He was very whiny and crying, he wanted to go to school and yet he wanted to lay in bed and relax. The little lady refuses any and all medicine which means that she is quite grumpy and snotty. I am feeling the equivalent but not much I can do. I am trying lemon honey tea for the first time. It seems to be helping already. Here is my recipe:

Honey Lemon Tea
Ingredients:

1 tablespoon organic wildflower honey
Half a fresh lemon, squeezed
1 cup hot purified water

After heating your water to a boil, add lemon juice and honey. Let sit for at least 5 minutes before drinking. I use purified water because we have well water and it doesn't sit well with my stomach. The honey will sooth your throat and the lemon is like a decongestant and soothes a cough.

Does anyone else have natural pregnancy safe recipes that can be used for colds and influenza? 

No comments:

Post a Comment